Solved! HELP! Monitor won't turn on :(, works fine with external monitor + image when shone with light

Dec 28, 2018
Please help. I have ASUS Zenbook UX340UA and I've been using it for around 7 months now . Yesterday afternoon after using it for a while the screen suddenly turned off. I used an external monitor (using HDMI) and was able to shut the laptop off. I thought by not using it overnight it would solve the problem, but today the screen is still off! It works totally fine with an external monitor (HDMI), and when I shine a light to the monitor I can see the desktop and the stuff I am seeing in the external monitor. Anyone have any idea how to make my monitor come back to life? I tried googling, and is this the backlight not working? Please helppp :( I am not a tech person so I really don't understand the tech stuff.. But if you would guide me, any help would be greatly appreciated :(

Solution
Yep, backlight issue, may be an inverter if your system has one. If you had it for 7 months, contact ASUS support, will still be in warranty.