Help! My computer is freezing in safemode

Hopeless222

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017
I have a vaio laptop model svf15nb1gl running windows 8.1. I've only had it for about 2 years. I was experiencing 100% disk space problems and I followed instructions on other threads on this site (turned off windows search, ITS, adjusted the virtual memory, etc.) these things would help temporarily and then the problem would happen again. Everything would freeze up and after i let it sit for a few hours everything would magically start working great again. I finally downloaded roguekiller to remove malware and it found quite a few things and removed them. Its been running great for the past week and this morning when i turned it on it became unresponsive once I got to the desktop screen. I started the computer in safe mode and it took 15 minutes to bring up the task manager. I dont know what else to try. Is it time to give up and hand it off to best buy?

Hopeless222

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017
I have no idea, nor do i know how to check. I did a disk check a few weeks ago and it found a problem and fixed it automatically. I checked it again this week and it says that there are no problems.