Help! My laptop keeps restarting randomly and won't boot into safe mode

Rameerol Syarizal

Estimable
May 5, 2015
I have a 3 year old Acer Aspire 4752G which runs flawlessly until this week. On February I updated it to Windows 8.1 pro due to a suggestion. However, starting from last week, one problem, which happened quite rare, had become more and more often. My laptop would just shut down randomly before I could do anything and then restarts. I've tried updating all my drivers, uninstalling softwares, ran antivirus and anti malware but all effort is worthless. I searched the web for solution but none seems to work. I even tried to boot into safe mode and all I get is a black screen. I do however managed to get to event viewer. In it, I saw a lot of rectangles with exclamation mark and also quite a few 'Critical' error. It says Kernel Power error 41 (63) if I'm not mistaken. I really really need this laptop to work as most of my assignment is in it.

Solution
Hello Rameerol syarizol,

These types of error can be almost impossible to pinpoint.
It sounds as if your system is inherently unstable for some reason.
Is it possible that you were too aggressive with your overclock ? I have seen people think its easy and that they can just dial in the overclock settings numbers people are reporting on sites such as Toms.
In reality even if you have hardware that seems to universally run at certain clocks all hardware ids essentially different.No overclocking can ever be 100% guaranteed.

Other issues that could possibly be the cause would be the power supply not being quite up to powering the system.
Even driver issues could cause this type of error.

I would recommend that you strip down the PC and...

shamila

Estimable
May 4, 2015
Hello Rameerol syarizol,

These types of error can be almost impossible to pinpoint.
It sounds as if your system is inherently unstable for some reason.
Is it possible that you were too aggressive with your overclock ? I have seen people think its easy and that they can just dial in the overclock settings numbers people are reporting on sites such as Toms.
In reality even if you have hardware that seems to universally run at certain clocks all hardware ids essentially different.No overclocking can ever be 100% guaranteed.

Other issues that could possibly be the cause would be the power supply not being quite up to powering the system.
Even driver issues could cause this type of error.

I would recommend that you strip down the PC and clean all parts, blow out the GPU and
CPU fans. Check all physical connections re seat everything and checking all power connections, and reset the CMOS.
Your motherboard manual will tell you how to do this.

Solution

Rameerol Syarizal

Estimable
May 5, 2015
I tried stripping it but didn't get that far as I lack the equipment. I never overclock my processor though it comes with turboboost capabilities. I'm not very familiar with the CMOS as I am not very good in tech. Can you explain further?