Help! My tablet won't turn on! what do I do?!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

irina12

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
Hello! I was charging my tablet overnight because it was dead and when I woke up in the morning I took it off the charger because it was up to 80%. I was using it until it just blacked out and I couldn't get it to turn on. I tried EVERYTHING! Please help! If my mum knows, she will get mad!

gmjgmj

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
My LG tablet V810 appeared dead and would not charge or turn on; I used the "trickle charge" suggestion above (using a lower voltage charge first) -- I plugged it into my USB on my laptop and screen popped up saying "0% Battery" - I left it like this for at least an hour or so, then it was up to 25%, so I could then plug it into my regular charger to be charged fully. This solution worked great & I never would have thought of it! Thank you.

Ada Bren

Estimable
Apr 1, 2015
Bugz2008, You Rock! I opened up my sons brand new asus tablet after buying a new samsung galaxy tab bcause it had the exact problem. It wouldn't turn on nor charge. after I opened it, i saw that the main battery wasn't even plugged in. So now we have a back up tablet just in case anything happens to the other. lol #spoiledkids haha

Nick28655

Estimable
May 10, 2015
Seems like it's a common issue with the Memopad, since mine is not booting up just like yours. On the other hand the cheapo Samsung won't stop working even when my little nephew throws it across the room like a rag doll.

cjd411

Estimable
Jul 23, 2015
The trickle charge from a laptop USB suggested earlier worked for me! After only a couple of hours (I got impatient!) it turned on and again accepted charge from the normal charger.

Samantha Bassa

Estimable
Aug 26, 2015

Plug it in hold the volume up button and the power button at the same time for 30 seconds and then let go of the buttons. The tablet may turn on while holding the buttons if so let the buttons go.. Make sure its plugged in when you do this. My tablet did the same thing and this process did not work without it being on the charger. I hope this helps.

Leonardo_07

Estimable
Sep 8, 2015

Hey man, same problem. Have you manage to fix it?

Cid___

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015
I had the same problem and decided, "What the heck, it's already broken" and took off the back to disconnect the battery and clean the contacts. Lo and behold - the reason the battery would not charge is that it was already disconnected! I put everything back together and voila! Charging like a champ!

Bijan39

Estimable
Jan 27, 2016
The suggestion to unplug the battery for 15 minutes worked for my wife Asus TPL 500. We don't know what happened but like many others it happened over night :) We are not sure the charger was connected all through the night and so some problem with overcharging or it was unplugged and the battery went dead, very dead. Thanks for all your suggestions.

lennaeskimo

Estimable
Feb 6, 2016

ana_4_

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
Well thanks guys, my tablet switched off and it couldn't charge nor switch back on. So i tried what was suggested here by charging it to a low source ie laptop and thanks alot cause its charging now. :)

BlambowThrow

Commendable
Feb 18, 2016
Okay... same thing.. I took the cover off and replaced all three black squares with a strip of electric tape. I always bent the cover tab in the cent up a little to make contact with the cover film on the cover... Then I plugged it into the wall and waiting a few minutes.. I then pressed the power button and the volume up or down I can't remember which.. and It allowed me to do a recovery boot.. Hope this helps and saves buying another tablet.. I have two more of these that lasted 3+ years they are great for the price..

Koleta

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016

Koleta

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016
I just blew into the hole where the charger goes and into the end of the charger. I plugged the charger into the tablet and it started charging. Thanks, it worked for me so far.

jadams2567

Commendable
May 3, 2016

jadams2567

Commendable
May 3, 2016
Bugz2008s post was awesome, you have no idea and it is the part where you unplugged the battery that helped , cause mine had the same issue and I was freaking out so I decided to grab my phone and look it up and I saw your post so I popped my back of and carefully popped up the connector for the battery and waited a few min while I looked around and put it back together and put it on a low out put charger and just like that it turned on , so thank you, you are a life savor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS