Help my TOSHIBA laptop won't turn on Windows 10

Nov 4, 2017
Need help my laptop won't turn on after being forced to shutdown while updating.

It starts up as normal showing its name TOSHIBA then it goes all black. Fan is going but nothing else. Please help as my laptop means everything to me.

Solution
Forcing a laptop to shut down while updating is about the dumbest thing you can do. You are forcing the hardware to stop while the operating system files are being written to.

Your system will most certainly need either a repair install or a full re-install. You can pull the hard disk out and put it in an external enclosure to backup vital files before this as their is a good chance they will be over-written.

bjornl

Estimable
Forcing a laptop to shut down while updating is about the dumbest thing you can do. You are forcing the hardware to stop while the operating system files are being written to.

Your system will most certainly need either a repair install or a full re-install. You can pull the hard disk out and put it in an external enclosure to backup vital files before this as their is a good chance they will be over-written.

Solution