Help -- Need to replace failed HDD in a Asus ROG G751JT

b_flanker

Prominent
Nov 14, 2017
Greetings Everyone!
I am new to the forums and would greatly appreciate an experienced voice to help me out with this issue. I own a Asus ROG G751JT which includes a 1TB HDD. The HDD died and needs to be replaced. My question is: What HDD dimensions will fit inside the laptop?

For example: Will a WD 1TB Mobile Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 32MB Cache 2.5 Inch (WD10JPLX) physically fit?

Form Factor 2.5"
Height (maximum) 9.5mm
Width (maximum) 69.85mm
Length (maximum) 100.20mm

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Lutfij

Splendid
If you have access to the laptop's internals(which you're going to do anyways since you will need to remove the failed HDD) you can measure the height of the drive. It should be less than 12mm but a little over 9mm.

If anything the drive you're looking at is the standard form factor for any laptop that accepts a 2.5" drive. You should be fine!

Here's the manual to help you disassemble your unit.

Lutfij

Splendid
If you have access to the laptop's internals(which you're going to do anyways since you will need to remove the failed HDD) you can measure the height of the drive. It should be less than 12mm but a little over 9mm.

If anything the drive you're looking at is the standard form factor for any laptop that accepts a 2.5" drive. You should be fine!

Here's the manual to help you disassemble your unit.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
xdhampx Laptop Tech Support 0
I Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 4
Do_oby Laptop Tech Support 1
AD2021 Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 5
PBMaxx Laptop Tech Support 1
antopj Laptop Tech Support 2
Deltapla Laptop Tech Support 0
Maineman Laptop Tech Support 0