Help needed deciding between 2

Solution
For streaming and movies, the built-in Intel HD 4600 is all you need. Web-based games would also perform well. Once you get into the graphically demanding things, though(COD, GTA, BF4), don't expect anything playable, except maybe on the lowest settings possible.

In the end, for streaming and movies, you will notice zero difference between the two. So...maybe it would just be best to go with the one that's most visually appealing to you.

Brillis Wuce

Estimable
Oct 17, 2014
Oh my bad, I didn't see that part.

It really depends on what aspects you like about each one.

The Intel has more CPU power, and will likely have better temperatures, leading to longer reliability.

The AMD would perform better in the graphics department, but has a weaker processor.

Personally, I would go with the Asus. I've been an Asus fan for life, and they have never let me down. I've personally seen HP laptops that run slow off the assembly line, as they have worse quality control from just trying to pump out a high number of laptops.

Mickmk4

Estimable
Dec 18, 2014

General browsing of the net, watching movies and streaming them to my tv, occasional gaming night but nothing to heavy, I understand that using it for heavy gaming is not an option without spending thounsands

Brillis Wuce

Estimable
Oct 17, 2014
Oh my bad, I didn't see that part.

It really depends on what aspects you like about each one.

The Intel has more CPU power, and will likely have better temperatures, leading to longer reliability.

The AMD would perform better in the graphics department, but has a weaker processor.

Personally, I would go with the Asus. I've been an Asus fan for life, and they have never let me down. I've personally seen HP laptops that run slow off the assembly line, as they have worse quality control from just trying to pump out a high number of laptops.

Mickmk4

Estimable
Dec 18, 2014
I personally like the look of the hp (I always have) but what made me look at that in the first place was the fact I personally think the i5 would be wasted on me as I don't really do anything to max out the performance of it which is why a slower CPU didn't really bother me, I was thinking if I got the asus I'd upgrade the ram to 8gb anyway. It's a tough decision. I had a hp dv9000 few years back and it only have me 15 months before the graphics chip have up due to heat. Would the i5 be better for watching movies and streaming? That would be my main use

Brillis Wuce

Estimable
Oct 17, 2014
For streaming and movies, the built-in Intel HD 4600 is all you need. Web-based games would also perform well. Once you get into the graphically demanding things, though(COD, GTA, BF4), don't expect anything playable, except maybe on the lowest settings possible.

In the end, for streaming and movies, you will notice zero difference between the two. So...maybe it would just be best to go with the one that's most visually appealing to you.

Solution