help needed please

buttons77

Estimable
Apr 27, 2015
I have a compaq laptop, I have tried all the tips given but my laptop screen stills stay black, thr power button is lit as well as caps lock and wireless button

TNT27

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014
your video cable is loose or your graphics card/igpu has failed, or the motherboard graphics channel has failed.

Most likley video cable on the display is loose,
try drumming the top of your laptop towards the back, not very hard though. This can fix it temporarily sometimes, or fixes it for good, if it still does not work, you will have to open up the laptop and reconnect the cables, and be sure the glue holding them in was not heating up and came loose too.

"I have tried all the tips given" unless you state which tips that is a completely useless statement as we have no idea what you have and have not tried or from even what source you are looking at.

Have you hooked it up to an external monitor and pressed the fn key sequence (usually fn+ f5 or f8) to change displays?
If it displays on the monitor just fine then you have a problem with your lcd screen.

Does your PC normally play a windows login sound? If so do you hear the login sound?

Have you tried removing the battery?

Have you recently dropped the laptop?