Help picking a sound bar for my Bravia TV

YoriGames

Estimable
Dec 9, 2015
Hello! Long-time reader, first-time poster!

I’m searching for a good sound bar to connect to my SONY Bravia 55” TV in my living room and thought I’d ask around on a few forums. My Bravia’s picture quality is great but the audio is fuggin’ weak. I use my TV for gaming, video streaming services, and blu-rays. No cable TV.

I was thinking about pairing the TV with a SONY sound bar but then I noticed this sound bar from LH Labs (http://inspire5.lhlabs.com/). I have one of their Geek Out V2 DACs (which has been very good to me) so I thought I’d look into it. Seems like it has the modes covered and that sub woofer looks pretty tight. Does anyone have info on this thing beyond what’s on their product page?

Definitely go with loudspeakers or bookshelf speakers, instead of a soundbar. You'll get more for your money, and a better movie watching experience even with 2 speakers, because the left and right channels won't be a foot away from eachother. I'm personally not a fan of soundbars, you have to pay a fair amount of money to get good sound quality, they look great though. Since you mentioned blu ray, I can't help but think that you're a movie enthusiast, so you should start with a receiver, and 2/2.1 speaker setup, and build towards a solid 5.1, or 7.1. If this is not going to be possible due to small space, then I can recommend a soundbar... ;-)

All the best!

YoriGames

Estimable
Dec 9, 2015

Thanks Suzuki! Space is definitely an issue for me. I'm working between a table and the fireplace as it is. :) I'm basically working with the space of my TV stand, which is just a little wider and longer than my 55" Bravia TV. The stand has three levels, so I'll probably put the sound bar on the level under the TV and have just enough room for the sub woofer on one of the sides. That Sub 5 sub woofer looks pretty beefy. 500 watts and dual 8 inch sub woofers. That's a huge step up over what I've got now, lol.

Adele22

Estimable
Jan 7, 2016
What size do you want to match for your TV? I here found a 39 inch long 2.0 channel stereo tv soundbar may reach your demand of saving space. Another product is LuguLake 2.1 Channel 140watt TV Sound Bar System with Wireless Subwoofer(36 inch), Vizio is also a not bad choice.