HELP PLEASE!! Amazon Prime quit working on Samsung UN50KU6300F

Moviefanz

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
Just opened and set up brand new Samsung 50" 6300 UHD tv. We watched a few movies on both the Amazon Prime and Netflix apps as well as prime time tv via the Dish network app. All appeared to be in working order until last night when the Prime app quit functioning and now we're not able to access any Prime movies via Amazon?! We've already reset the smart hub and had to reinstall all passwords on Netflix but still no access to Amazon Prime.

After reading several online forums it appears that this is an ongoing issue w/ Samsung and the Amazon Prime application. Is this correct?! We do watch a lot of movies on Amazon Prime and we don't want to deal with this issue long term. Is there a quick permanent fix for this issue ? We're still within our return period--do we stick with Samsung or should we switch to an LG or Sony model?!

Happy Holidays to all--Thank you for your time, feedback and any assistance; all are most appreciated.

JumperBob

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016
I don't have a fix - but I just wanted you to know I'm experiencing the same thing within the last day. I'm wondering if its an issue within the last 24 hours because it's worked fine for me for about a month now on the same tv (cheaper best buy version but virtually not difference between mine and 6300).

cefretz

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017
Hi! I have had this problem in the past, probably 6-8 months ago roughly. At that time, I tried all the different suggestions I found online and the one that worked was to reset the smart hub. After doing so, amazon prime worked fine again...until now. It hasnt worked for a few days. I, of course, immediately thought of resetting smart hub but now the TV won't let me do that. I get to the step where you enter your PIN and it doesnt let me enter numbers. I know it isnt human error as I have done it before successfully. At any rate, if you are able to reset smart hub, that should fix your problem. Only downside is you have to reenter the passwords for all your apps.
If anyone knows how to fix the not being able to enter PIN, Id love to hear the solution!

Foodiehero

Commendable
Jan 9, 2017
I'm sorry i don't have a solution but I do have a possible answer as to why it's happening. I've had the same problem for the last month, most especially with Prime and Netflix (started after I updated my Samsung). I've contacted Samsung 5-6 times and followed all advice. We've factory reset the TV twice, reinstalled the hub three times, contacted Amazon and Netflix all to no avail. After a bit of digging we've discovered it could be an issue with Yahoo who write the apps for Samsung and Sony. There's an ongoing dispute between the companies and the apps are not supported. We recently bought our Samsung and from I can work out it's not something that can be solved so my TV is going back. I'm going for an LG instead. Hope that helps a little.