Help Please!

diego044

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
hello everyone, in my research of changing de cpu of my laptop y stop on this page and i think is a really good one.

I was wondering if some of you can help me with my problem. I want to change the cpu of my laptop (satellite l20-SP131) the thing is that i don't know wich cpu is compatible with the chipset (ati radeon xpress 200m).

Right know my laptop have a celeron M 1.6 ghz. In my research i found out that the chipset is compatible with pentium M, celeron M and pentium 4 but the info is really confusing and i don't know what to buy.

I really will apreciate your help because i having a lot of problems with my laptop right now like overheating and slow speed and the speed is not a ram problem because the laptop have 1gb of memory.

Zorg

Distinguished
May 31, 2004
I don't think you will get too much help here. most of the people here deal in desktops. Changing the CPU to a faster one will not fix heat issues, if anything it will make them worse. Changing a CPU in a notebook can be a daunting task. Some CPUs are changeable and some are not. You might try posting here General Laptops & Notebooks - Laptops & Notebooks - Tom's Hardware Forums, although I don't know how much help they will be.

Good Luck

TRENDING THREADS