Help regarding HTC Mobile My Touch 4G turning Wi-Fi on

TZephyrus

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
Hello,

I currently possess a HTC/T-Mobile MyTouch 4G. The issue that I'm having is the following: Everytime I try to turn my Wi-Fi on, it takes a little while, turns on for a couple seconds and then turns itself off, without any command. And it keeps going on this cycle: turning on and off (it is so fast that it cannot even recognize any saved networks, and the wifi icon does not even show up in the upper bar), until I rapidly and manually click, when it is "on", to turn off. Then it stops the cycle, with the WiFi turned off. This means that I cannot use my wireless connection, and it has been lasting for more than 2 months by now. I can access 3G normally. I have tried to "soft format" the cellphone, but it has changed nothing. (By soft format, I mean the format option included on the phone. It formatted everything, deleted my contacts, apps, themes, configurations and etc, but it was made from within the phone). Also, when it is "on", and when I click in the "Wi-Fi settings" bar, it shows nothing and it freezes the phone for a while, some seconds. Then it turns to the "off" state and returns me to the previous page automatically.

I thank you very much in advance, and look forward for help and a solution.

Best regards.

TZephyrus

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
I have NEVER rooted my cell phone, so I guess I am still using the original ROM? I have no idea how to change a ROM, how to root a cellphone, or how to even see what mine is, just so you know.

TZephyrus

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
The problem aparently appeared from nowhere, I have not made a single change in anything other than installing applications. I have had an issue regarding its battery, though, which made me substitute the battery. The problem also seemed to appear with the battery issue, but it is still occuring, even though I have substituted the battery.