Solved! Help regarding Sound issues with Samsung TV

Jan 27, 2019
I have recently plugged my PC (win 7) with USB but no HDMI ports to my samsung TV with HDMI. Graphics work fine but with no sound. I know I need to get a HDMI cable for the TV but which adaptor do I need for the PC which has a HDMI port. There are loads out there but dont want to waste my money on buying the wrong thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thankyou

Solution

The USB ports on a TV is to power or connect storage devices.

Graphics work fine but with no sound. I know I need to get a HDMI cable for the TV but which adaptor do I need for the PC which has a HDMI port. There are loads out there but dont want to waste my money on buying the wrong thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thankyou[/quotemsg]
For sound to work you need to use a type of connection that supports sound (HDMI, optical, etc.)

Could you list your PC components or the ports available on it.
Which TV model?

jojesa

Distinguished

The USB ports on a TV is to power or connect storage devices.

Graphics work fine but with no sound. I know I need to get a HDMI cable for the TV but which adaptor do I need for the PC which has a HDMI port. There are loads out there but dont want to waste my money on buying the wrong thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thankyou[/quotemsg]
For sound to work you need to use a type of connection that supports sound (HDMI, optical, etc.)

Could you list your PC components or the ports available on it.
Which TV model?

Solution
Jan 27, 2019
I have 6 USB ports, 1 ethernet, blue and green ports for speakers and microphone. Its an old e machines tower. TV is a Samsung UE40C5800
Hope that helps.

Are u suggesting you got both pieces hooked up through USB and you are getting video? I wasn't aware USB can transfer video.

Like ^he says, you are looking for an video output port. In its absence you can always purchase a video card with HDMI out.