Chugalug_

Estimable
Hi,
Recently i've been getting very high CPU usage and memory usage on my Dell Inspiron 13 in the 80% range slowing down my PC horribly.
This causes video streams to lag and stutter, and applications to run slowly.
The applications that take up this load consist of core system, anti-virus programs and google chrome.
AntiMalware Bytes, Norton and AVG don't pick up anything, however SuperAntiSpyware which is a reliable program I have used without fail in the past was the only one to detect anything. It detected hundreds and hundreds of adware cookies and registry viruses hiding in Microsoft and Google cache directories. However the problem is, even if I remove these viruses through said program, and even run Ccleaner afterwards, the high load reoccurs and the viruses reappear.
Deleting them directly in their directories even in safe mode also does nothing.

I have not found any unwanted programs that these viruses may be attached to.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Feel like i've exhausted my options and I don't want to do a hard system wipe.... :(
Any help is appreciated.

plasmastorm

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
Download ADW cleaner and run that, far more reliable than Malware bytes these days.

Norton and AVG not finding anything is nothing new, Nortons about the worst AV out there and AVG is rapidly chasing it.

The fact you have 2 Antivirus suites installed certainly won't help on the speed front either.
Stick to one.
If it's got to be free go with Avira, if you are willing to pay then grab Kaspersky.

Chugalug_

Estimable

I've seen AdwCleaner around, and was going to download it, but it was listed as a virus by multiple antivirus programs.
Can you link me a safe download link? :p
Thanks!

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
Sounds like it's giving you fake results.

Once I had a security program tell me that the name of my SSID was a security issue. That is so ignorant and yet most people wouldn't know any better to NOT believe the security program.

The truth is that these programs are starting to point out junk that isn't even an issue. I wouldn't recommend you use that program. Instead look for a different cause. Have you opened task manager to see what program/process is using 80% of your CPU?

Chugalug_

Estimable

Nono, proven adware tracking cookies, linked the files to attached domains which are associated with adware and malware.
Its not legitimate windows and google cache files.
Also yes, I have. It varies, but it is mostly what would normally be considered mild-low load. It seems like just a virus delivering load to all components. If I load up chrome, that's 70% usage, if I load up LoL, 80% usage.
Even if I could, its not like windows allows you to check components of 'core systems' to see what exact files are causing the issue. It is all bundled into a single process.
Task manager isn't a great measurement either way, so ctrl+alt+delete isn't really a good solution......
Also the anti virus is one I have been using for years, as it detects pup files better than avg norton etc.
If that was the cause all the other devices I run it on would be struggling from the same issue/getting fake results....
Please take care not to be condescending in posts, as some can get veery aggressive and doesn't result in anything good for anyone.