Help, running asus laptop when it will run only through battery

death_relic0

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
hey guys was hoping u could help me out...

ok so im in a kind of predicament. due to an unfortunate accident which damaged my laptop internally :(, its in such a condition that it runs only through battery, and dosent power on or work when connected via AC. i have an ASUS k50ij laptop...

itll take a month or two till i can get a new laptop IA, but till then i need to somehow get my laptop on since i need to work on it, and i dont have a PC.. so i was wondering if there was a way in which i could, using some adapters, give it power directly by attaching wires to where the laptop battery is attached so it would run.

on a side note, the weird thing is that although it dosent charge, or run directly from the adapter, if the adapter is connected and the battery is "charged", although the laptop dosent show that its connected to the AC, it dosent discharge the battery, and says battery time remaining is 10 hours.. but now the batterys discharged complete so thats no use...

any ways help?

also if someones intrested, what hapened was that my laptops adapters wire broke, and my dad fixed it, but he accidentaly changed the polarity.. i litreally spent like 2 or 3 days trying to get my laptop repaired, but where i live ASUS laptops are like REALLY RARE, and they diddnt have parts. aparently 2 of the Power IC are burnt..

any ways so basically ya, just need to somehow get the laptop running for a month or 2, and looking for a method to do that,any help would be appreciated..thanks in advance

po1nted

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012

Agreed. It is more than likely that the system board would need to be replaced. You could order one online and do this work yourself. It isn't too terribly difficult if you have a screw driver and some thermal paste (order with the board). The manufacturer most likely provides an online maintenance/support guide for this type of work.

death_relic0

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
the thing is, if u mean replacing the whole motherboard, i checked on ebay and the cheapest i could find was for like 80 dollars. since i was planning on getting a new laptop anyways, it seems pointless to spend so much on repairs.. but will get the laptop in a months time atleast IA, so was hoping to just somehow get my laptop running for that period...