help Surround Sound

Vili Hristev

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2013
Hello. I have a question about my Surround Sound. I am using Logitech z5500, i have it connected to my pc with an optical cable, for example if i play a blu ray movie which supports DTS or Dolby, all works good i get on the display DTS and its complete surround. Even when i connect it to my ps4 i also get DTS and others. But when i start a game on the pc even if the games supports DTS, on the display of my system just says Stereo, i can change the settings to fake surround but i dont want that, when it auto detects DTS i cant touch any settings on the reciever except the volume. I hope you can understand me, i get no DTS/Pro Logic/Dolby Digital from any of the pc games, but movies and ps4 works great. Can anyone help me pls? Also for movies i use VLC and in the options i have selected use SPDF when available and if the movie has DTS or others it auto detects it and you cant even change the volume from the pc, just the reciever.

Solution
Not a gamer, but since VLC works this suggests to me when game-playing, is not utilizing an audio player that is capable of deliver surround. Maybe during game configuration, you have to select the appropriate driver/player? or if no such configuration exist, the default Windows player needs tweaking.
Not a gamer, but since VLC works this suggests to me when game-playing, is not utilizing an audio player that is capable of deliver surround. Maybe during game configuration, you have to select the appropriate driver/player? or if no such configuration exist, the default Windows player needs tweaking.

Solution