help to pick a laptop

Solution
I'm with ac13044 on this, I'd pick between the HP and the Asus. Unless you need the portability of the smaller and thinner MSI, the other two will perform better with their specs. The HP might get some points in it's favor for the customization. If you're in an area with a big box store (frys, bestbuy), I'd go in and see which you like typing on better. They don't need to be the exact models, but of that class, so the construction will be the same. I've found while HP puts some good specs in to their builds, I absolutely despise their trackpads/clickpads. If it's something you're going to be using often, make sure it's a good fit when you're spending that kind of money.

For VR, double check the software and see what they recommend...

azaran

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
I'm with ac13044 on this, I'd pick between the HP and the Asus. Unless you need the portability of the smaller and thinner MSI, the other two will perform better with their specs. The HP might get some points in it's favor for the customization. If you're in an area with a big box store (frys, bestbuy), I'd go in and see which you like typing on better. They don't need to be the exact models, but of that class, so the construction will be the same. I've found while HP puts some good specs in to their builds, I absolutely despise their trackpads/clickpads. If it's something you're going to be using often, make sure it's a good fit when you're spending that kind of money.

For VR, double check the software and see what they recommend. While the basic specs for VR are basically 1060 and up, some software (just like non VR software) may have higher minimum requirements. Case in point, I helped a friend setup for a Voltron VR game. They specifically stated that a 1070 was required to run the game smoothly. Granted sometimes companies may inflate the min specs, but in this case she was part of the company and was told by the devs that it needed a 1070 to run smoothly.

Solution