Help with alienware drivers!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

anon1239

Estimable
Jun 29, 2014
Hi,

After reinstalling windows from some failed drivers, I discovered that some drivers won't install properly. Could someone please give me more help and instructions on how to fix this.

Solution
So it appears that after a several months of using my alienware, the system works perfect! Instead of using the drivers on the disk it came with, I decided to update the bios and install the latest drivers on their website. Didn't need a model number actually, the website was able to detect my hardware issues and deliver me the drivers necessary for it to run.

Hope this helps for anyone having the same issues :D!
I can't find that model at all on the Alienware or Dell websites. They just say like AW17 mid 2013 or go to dell website if later than 2009. You'll probably need to contact either Dell or Alienware with your serial number and have them direct you to the correct driver page. I can't seem to get an answer from them or find drivers for that model number. That's why I hate custom builder systems. They rarely support the product later on. Same goes for Mac.

anon1239

Estimable
Jun 29, 2014
So it appears that after a several months of using my alienware, the system works perfect! Instead of using the drivers on the disk it came with, I decided to update the bios and install the latest drivers on their website. Didn't need a model number actually, the website was able to detect my hardware issues and deliver me the drivers necessary for it to run.

Hope this helps for anyone having the same issues :D!

Solution