Help with android rooting, security,

drdenby

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
Looking to get my first tablet. Android seems like it fits my budget the best.

I am concerned about 3 things that researching is just giving me a headache over so I trust this community to help.

a) Has there been a consensus yet as to whether a tablet needs internet and antivirus security? I see everything from it just slows things to a crawl to that it is a must have.

b) should it be rooted? what is rooting?

c) on my desktop and laptop, if i screw things up, even royally, a drive format and reinstall of the operating system sets everything straight. On a tablet, there is a "reset" but that does not wipe/format. Is there a way to do a complete reinstall of the jelly bean system? complete blank slate?

Thanks

Solution

1. Anti virus...

sniper2890

Estimable
Aug 9, 2014
a) well if you are going to root then you will have to need antivirus. it dosent slow tab a lot. i will explain rootin option c. and about internet it depends upon you because you can download apk files (i.e. games, apps) from your pc or other phone then install it on tab. so internet is needed only for chatting.
b) you can root tab but it is not really really as it can void your warranty. you can root after your warranty is over. rooting means you can access the in built files which are not accessible and you can just make change score in games,etc.
c) well dont no much about that stuff but as far as i know you can hard reset it and after rooting you can install any android you want even kitkat but it will sllow things up.
hope this helps

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

1. Anti virus will just slow you down, I never experience any virus attacking my device. You don't need anti virus security. Just don't download scam apps, like Get free recharge, boost up your android and blah blah.

2. It should be rooted or not, depends on your needs and Tablet. Rooting gives you permissions to edit any part of the system and fully gain control. You can change boot animations, status bar styles, install apps to SD card (if device doesn't have option natively), remove system apps, install custom ROMs and much more. Rooting voids your warranty.

3. If it is messed up, you can wipe data/factory reset it from recovery mode and things will be all as new. Complete reinstall of jelly bean system is possible if your device is rooted (however some devices can do it as unrooted via some PC software, e.g Odin for samsung, SP tools for Mediatek). I don't know about your device so can't exactly say. Even if you can't reinstall, manufacturer / customer care will probably have all firmwares and tools to reinstall everything for you.

Solution