Solved! Help with android software

Foofen

Prominent
Mar 16, 2017
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I always get great answers here. I'm having issues on my new Galaxy Note 9 that were present on my S7 before switching and I'm not sure what's going on or how to fix it. Notifications from the Facebook and Instagram apps often come in a couple days late and sometimes not at all, and the same notification will repeat several times a day for a few days in a row. Messenger simply doesn't sync unless I manually launch the app. Other odd apps like Discord, Twitter, and Reddit have similar problems. I also noticed that my phone has difficulty installing new apps to uninstalling old ones without a device reset. I have checked my sync setting and system up dates and everything checks out; software is current and auto sync is enabled. Any and all help would be appreciated as I'm desperate. I switched devices in the first place in hopes that my problems would cease, that maybe it was from the old device, heavy usage and possible viruses.

Solution
I use an S7, no issues like yours. If the issues are following you through different phones then it could be what you install on it. Start with a clean wipe of the phone to factory defaults. Install only the Facebook app for a few days and test that. If it works OK, install some other things.
I use an S7, no issues like yours. If the issues are following you through different phones then it could be what you install on it. Start with a clean wipe of the phone to factory defaults. Install only the Facebook app for a few days and test that. If it works OK, install some other things.

Solution