Help with Anti-virus

NormH

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
I have mse and malware bytes. in my prelim scan when scanning svchost i get a note at the bottom of mse saying potentially unwanted programs found in prelim scan but when finished nothing is in log under detected or quarantined also nothing found with malware bytes... should i be concerned

NormH

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
ive done full with both including rootkit scan. on initial scan i had java exploits from java get quarantined linked to svchost.exe, WoW64, and internet explorer all have been removed also uninstalled explorer and using firefox now. i uninstalled java and reinstalled as well as adobe and fully uninstalled WoW. and that lead me to my current spot

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
as sr-71 says they are usually nothing but better safe than sorry.

go to add remove programs and see if theres any browser toolbars installed. if there are remove them befor you install any new browser as some can auto attach to a new 1 and take up where it left off (if it was malware/bitcoinminers/ransomware)

run hijack this to make sure you have no BHO's (browser helper objects) that you didnt instal or any leftovers from previously removed 1s.

if you dont need java then dump it also...