Help with ARC and 5.1

Pitkanee

Prominent
Aug 11, 2017
Bought a new pioneer elite VSX-LX101 to replace old receiver. Using Vizio P652 65in 4K tv both with arc. I cannot get 5.1 channel sound from tv using arc but when I switch over to my PS4 it works perfect. I have to run my receiver on EXT stereo to get all my speakers working for tv/tv app audio so I'm confused as to why I works with PS4 fine. Thank you.

Solution

Thanks. I have tried every TV menu I have but no luck. I have tried every receiver setting as well. As soon as I switch from EXT Stereo to any surround the back speakers stop putting out sound. I have tested everything through the speaker/receiver setup and there is surround, and when I switch to my PS4, which is still run through ARC, it plays surround normally.

Pitkanee

Prominent
Aug 11, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Pitkanee : "Help with ARC and 5.1 aound"

Bought a new pioneer elite VSX-LX101 to replace old receiver. Using Vizio P652 65in 4K tv both with arc. I cannot get 5.1 channel sound from tv using arc but when I switch over to my PS4 it works perfect. I have to run my receiver on EXT stereo to get all my speakers working for tv/tv app audio so I'm confused as to why I works with PS4 fine. Thank you.

Pitkanee

Prominent
Aug 11, 2017

Thanks. I have tried every TV menu I have but no luck. I have tried every receiver setting as well. As soon as I switch from EXT Stereo to any surround the back speakers stop putting out sound. I have tested everything through the speaker/receiver setup and there is surround, and when I switch to my PS4, which is still run through ARC, it plays surround normally.

Solution