Help with audio

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 21, 2018
the speakers are blown in my TV and I'm not sure what the Two Jacks that I have are for one of them looks like it's for headphones but I plug in speakers are headphones and they don't work. The other says digital audio output but it looks just like an RCA plug. When I search on line digital audio output it shows a totally different plug like my TV don't even exist the way it's set up. I have a pair of computer speakers I'd like to use with my TV but I have no idea how to convert this RCA looking Jack into a speaker wire input. I have a picture but I can't figure out how to upload it. But it just looks like a standard RCA jack a slightly lighter red tint then the one for the standard RCA in

https://ibb.co/fA2dY8

Solution
That black port says in the manual audio for dvi device, since dvi doesnt carry audio it must mean a computer with only dvi ports using an hdmi adapter would use the black port as an stereo input on Hdmi 1 channel. Theres a line connecting between Hdmi 1 and the black port but the description of it is hard to read.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/306780/Sanyo-Dp32642.html

For Toslink adapter, something like this that has headphone out and volume control to give headphones decent volume as just an adapter would require an amp on the other side like a sound bar or other means. You'll still hear sound from headphones just not as much volume without an toslink amp with volume control...

boju

Distinguished

Sorry for the late reply was still looking around.

Which little box do you want exactly, didnt you get a converter already?

What makes it hard is you still need coax to rca converter. To use your speakers with it you need those additional cables because these speakers use 3.5mm jacks.

Which speakers do you have? Would be easier for me if i can have a look at them and get a picture in my mind.

May 21, 2018
You've never heard of computer speakers? I've owned like a hundred different kinds over the years and they've all been the same. They hook up with a little green Jack that you put in the back of your computer it's a 3.5 mm Jack. Anyway the last link is what I need but I'll probably go with the two above since I can return those to Walmart if there's something wrong with them

boju

Distinguished
This is what you said before "I went to Walmart and I bought 3 things a converter box" i was wondering what converter box you bought.

We've already linked you coax converters and explained what you need to run pc speakers with 3.5mm jacks.

Or spend more on pc speakers or sound bar that already has coax input.

May 21, 2018
I appreciate all your help but for the most part I ended up figuring it out on my own after looking up the manual for my TV and then Googling the audio port that I needed to use I finally figured out that I just needed a standard RCA cable hooked up to a converter. From there I found a converter at Walmart and spent $35 to test out my theory. But the Box itself only cost about $10 and you can get ones with the 3.5 plug built right in. I understand that you were giving me the correct information this whole time but I did not understand what you were talking about and it was kind of useless to me but thank you for trying to help

May 21, 2018
What you just posted is totally incorrect In fact I bought that item and I knew that it wouldn't work when I was at Walmart and that's why I had to buy a third item because you cannot plug the male end of my computer speakers into the male end of the cord that you just link me to you can't go male to male.

You've given me all kinds of misinformation and most of it has confused me. But I appreciate the effort thank you

boju

Distinguished

All kinds of misinformation? Not at all, just the last part, im sorry. Despite screwing up just now, information prior is correct regarding on information we had at the time. We did provide you with adequate solutions and frankly, sorry, you did confuse things as well.