Help with connecting home theatre to android box!

Stoodis

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016
Hi all, i've been trying tackle this very problem for quite some time now but can't figure it out for the life of me, so basically i have a (Aug 2010) LG HT305SU Home theatre system with 5 speakers, and a standard subwoofer that i've been trying to work with my MXQ android box, it has two small 3.5 mm ports labelled "AV" & "SPDIF" and the HDMI cross over setting doesn't seem to work, nor does the auxilary cord under any settings and it's baffling me... I read another forum and noticed some people had to buy special cords to make it work, im wondering..if anyone knows if my system is too out of date or if i need a few special cords and the right settings under kodi to make this work?
- oh, and it probably doesn't matter but i have a 50" Led LG TV, 2013-14.

:pt1cable:

Android box connects to your TV with HDMI.
TV audio output connects to the HTS. If the TV has an analog audio output or headphone output then connect that to the HTS which has an aux input and 3.5mm portable input. If the TV has optical audio output then you will need a DAC like this one
http://www.parts-express.com/parts-express-dac-digital-to-analog-converter-(51-compatible)--180-999
and toslink and analog cables to connect it between the TV and HTS.
You may have to turn the optical out on, the TV speakers off, and change the TV audio output type.
This way you get sound into the HTS from anything playing on the TV.
You can get sound from the Android box by using the AV output with a breakout cable.
https://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Premium-Camcorder-Panasonic-Camcorders/dp/B004VPC2LA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475770835&sr=8-1&keywords=av+breakout+cable
It may not work when using the HDMI out to the TV which you need to use to get HD.
Either way you need to select the correct input and mode on the HTS to get surround.

Android box connects to your TV with HDMI.
TV audio output connects to the HTS. If the TV has an analog audio output or headphone output then connect that to the HTS which has an aux input and 3.5mm portable input. If the TV has optical audio output then you will need a DAC like this one
http://www.parts-express.com/parts-express-dac-digital-to-analog-converter-(51-compatible)--180-999
and toslink and analog cables to connect it between the TV and HTS.
You may have to turn the optical out on, the TV speakers off, and change the TV audio output type.
This way you get sound into the HTS from anything playing on the TV.
You can get sound from the Android box by using the AV output with a breakout cable.
https://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Premium-Camcorder-Panasonic-Camcorders/dp/B004VPC2LA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475770835&sr=8-1&keywords=av+breakout+cable
It may not work when using the HDMI out to the TV which you need to use to get HD.
Either way you need to select the correct input and mode on the HTS to get surround.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Audio 3
A Audio 4
T Audio 6
E Audio 1
A Audio 2
I Audio 5
A Audio 1
M Audio 9
V Audio 1
K Audio 2
B Audio 5