Help with Drivers for NV53A with new HD and Win7 Prof

greece329

Estimable
May 19, 2015
I have a Gateway NV53A laptop. The HD crashed and I replaced it and loaded Win 7 Professional on it instead of the original Win 7 home premium. Now I can't connect to the internet.

The computer has a triangle with an exclamation point in it for the Ethernet Controller and Network Controller. To my knowledge this means I need device drivers. However everything I have tried doesn't work. I have downloaded Wireless LAN Atheros drivers and tried to install. Does not work. Everything I keep finding wants me to connect it to the internet to download the drivers, however, I can't connect to the internet not even with a network cable.

Any help would be appreciated.

greece329

Estimable
May 19, 2015
Thank you. I have been to this site and downloaded the drivers. I have worked and worked on this issue for several days. I have finally managed to get my wi-fi driver installed and working. Eithernet is not working at the moment still.

greece329

Estimable
May 19, 2015
I don't know I have downloaded the driver for it, however, haven't had any luck with it as of yet. I did an MS update and not all of the updates would load, so I am going to do update again when it is finished installing and see if it will accept the driver then.