Help with external battery

Gavvykinz

Estimable
Apr 8, 2014
Hey guys soooo long story short i bought a nokia dc 19 charger and it works very well it has a 3200 mah external battery and chargers quick at 1.2A but a quick problem i found was that if i charged my lg g2 it being dead. and the external battery being full. when i plug it in i only get to 70%until the battery just stops supplying current to my lg g2 which i dont understand my g2 battery is 3000 mah and the external dc19 is 3200 so why is it only charging my phone to 70 percent? please help

Solution
The g2 battery may need a slightly higher voltage to charge completely. As it is charging the internal resistance of the battery increases and a higher voltage is needed, which the charger cannot supply. Therefore it charges until an equilibrium is reached which in this particular case is 70% or thereabouts. It has nothing to do with 3,000 mah or 3.200 mah.

Zircoben

Estimable
Apr 15, 2014

It may be an old battery, and you may be not charging it all the way, or a combination of both. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

The g2 battery may need a slightly higher voltage to charge completely. As it is charging the internal resistance of the battery increases and a higher voltage is needed, which the charger cannot supply. Therefore it charges until an equilibrium is reached which in this particular case is 70% or thereabouts. It has nothing to do with 3,000 mah or 3.200 mah.

Solution