Help with getting files from Macrium Image

youngblood97

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
So I backed up my hard drive like every good person should and about a week later something happened that fried my motherboard. So I upgraded my motherboard, cpu and memory then tried to put the Macrium image back on. Well it didn't work because the components didn't match from when I made the image. I can live without most of the stuff on my PC but we have a ton of pictures on it that my wife took of our kids. So I go into Macrium and view the image just like it was mounted to try to get to the pictures but since my wife saved them on the desktop I keep running into a permissions issue cause she had a password on her account. We know the password but there seems to be no way to enter it to get to those files on her desktop. Do anyone know of a way we can get to her desktop so we can save all the pictures???

:pt1cable:

Thanks in advance!!!

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
Normally you would just change the ownership of the file, but since these pictures are part of an image file I don't think there is any way to take ownership of them. You can try taking owbership of the image file, but I don't know if that will help you.