Ember_

Estimable
Sep 22, 2015
hello, i have been googling and lookng at other suggestions to fix this but cant seem to find anyone with the same problem as me. Basically what had happened was I went to update the graphics driver on my computer, and after doing so it would only start in safe mode and in the device manager it showed 2 of the same graphics drivers so i uninstalled one and it booted up in normal mode.. only with horrible resolution and no graphics driver at all? it installed the standard vga one after i clicked "scan for hardware changes" but i still needed to update it so i tried reinstalling the driver from the original download to get the error that it had timed out. this happened multiple times, so i tried getting the driver from the windows update, it says it is installed but is still not in the list. so i thought maybe uninstalling the vga would make it install the other, but it didnt and now it wont install the vga one because i keep getting an i/o device error and wont download the driver from the dell or intel site, because of the same error, however starting in safe mode it shows the driver in the list and says its installed... not sure how to fix.. its a dell inspiron laptop running windows 7 and the driver is intel

Ember_

Estimable
Sep 22, 2015

didnt work, it says its installed but doesnt show in device manager, even after 'scan for hardware changes'