Help With Home Television Dual Headphones Setup

JinxDalinx

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014
Hello everyone!

I am hoping to get some help from the community regarding the best way to accomplish something fairly simple. My wife and I are expecting our first baby in a month and therefore we need headphones that connect to our LCD tv in our bedroom so that we can watch tv at night while the baby is sleeping in our room. Up until this point we have shared a great pair of headphones from Sennheiser so that one of us can still watch tv if the other wants to sleep. My only issue with it is that it requires a direct line into the TV and therefore the base must be near the TV so we have to get up and grab the headphones each time we use them and then put them back on the base to charge. I have always wanted to have the base on one of our bed side tables for convenience(and pure laziness). So if anyone can help answering the following questions I would greatly appreciate it.

My goal can be accomplished two ways, each of which I have questions about:
#1 - Buy another similar pair of Sennheiser and use it just like our current headphones:
- Would two wireless headphones cause interference with each other?
- Would it be best to simply SPLIT/SPLICE the audio line if there isn't a second audio input available in the TV?
- Is there anyway to make these two headphone bases BLUETOOTH so that my wife and I can each have our headphone set and base on our side table for convenience? Would a bluetooth transmitter/receiver work in this case and can both headphone bases connect to the same bluetooth transmitter/receiver?

#2 - Buy two new headphone sets that are bluetooth:
- Is there such a thing for dual TV headsets?
- How would I connect two headphone sets to my TV via bluetooth so that we can have each of our headphone sets on our bed side tables for convenience?

I apologize if these are stupid questions, and I am very appreciative for any advice!

Thank you!

jimpz

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
I will offer one totally different option, don't worry about the noise, my daughter was born 24 years ago, we made no effort to be silent at night, just did our 'normal' activities (no exceptionally loud noises) to this day, she can sleep regardless of noise - also worked well for her in college.

You should be able to connect a Bluetooth transmitter to the same output you use for the Sennheiser base at the TV and use a single receiver to feed both bases on your bed side tables. Just split the output to feed both bases. This way you can don't have to have identical headphones to make it work. You can even use a single pair of bluetooth headphones with your existing Sennheisers if you want.

JinxDalinx

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014

Thank you. I agree with your answer and I wonder what blue tooth receiver/transmitter to use?

I was looking at this but apparently there are delays in audio which means the video is off:
http://www.amazon.com/Miccus-Home-RTX-Bluetooth-Transmitter/dp/B00713RSE0