I have my old used hardrive that's a western digital scorpio 320gb hard drive that I took from my old acer laptop and I want to use this hard drive in my toshiba satelliteL505-ES5018 model laptop instead of the one that came with it. The only thing is that I am kinda stupid when it comes to the whole computer lingo or computers in general and only understand pretty much just the basics of it. And I don't know what to do from there. Can anyone please give me step by step instructions on how to bypass the bios that's keeping me locked out of accessing my old hard drive? Also it probably helps to mention that my laptop I am wanting to use this hard drive in is a windows 7 as with what is already installed on the old western digital hard drive as well that I am wanting to install.
Sorry, but you can't just swap the hard drives. There are drivers (software that is unique to the hardware) that is different between the the two laptops. That why you can't access the old HDD thru the bios on the new laptop.
1. Get a USB enclosure for the old HDD and put the old HDD in this enclosure.
2. Put the new HDD back into the new laptop.
3. Copy all your files from the old HDD to the new laptop (not the windows files or program files).
4. Install your programs on the new HDD/laptop and make sure everything is working.
5. Wipe the old HDD
6. Download Macrium Reflect or another disk cloning software package.
7. Clone the new HDD to the old HDD.
8. Install the old HDD in the laptop.