Help with laptop decision?

gbakeriv

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
Alright guys, first post on here and I appreciate your time! Wondering what the expert opinions on here think of my options here.

I'm using this laptop as a computer I take to class for notes and such, maybe casual on-the-go gaming, but also for DJaying via Traktor. What I was ideally looking for was quality build construction (coming from a MacBook, yikes I know), Haswell (quad core?), good battery life, somewhat mobile design (ideally 14 in screen) and a somewhat quality display. The two options I narrowed down to were the two below...

http://f.cl.ly/items/2I032t3x2H3X3h0T2V0a/AsusDraft.pdf

Asus for its great price and performance, but it loses points in the size and battery life section as a mobile unit...I'm going to have a rig that's immobile as a desktop.

http://

The X1 for its great mobility and size, along with battery life. Good quality construction too, but loses points in price and performance I think.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions to the builds I have listed above?

Edit: Sorry about the URLs being weird, first one is a pdf I hosted online and the second is a screen shot

gbakeriv

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

That's what the Microcenter guy had me look at immediately after telling him my wants...seems to be a popular recommendation. I just am afraid of HP after 3 successive MOBO failures in desktops a couple years ago. The family then went Mac and now I'm coming back. The build quality of HPs also bothers me a bit. Do you by chance own one?

patrick47018

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
I own a budget HP laptop and haven't had a problem, and as far as motherboards, it's not like HP made the motherboards themselves, it was probably something like an ECS motherboard, which are usually quite poor.

kenrivers

Splendid
We have a variety of PCs and laptops in our house which includes one HP desktop and one HP laptop. Both have been running well for years. I have, and still do to a lesser extent, video editing on the HP laptop so it has gotten some heavy usage. I'm not saying HP is necessarily the best but the ones I have had have lasted. The only reason we got rid of the last one was because it was so old (but was still working).

gbakeriv

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

Would you recommend xoticpc?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 12
A Laptop Tech Support 7
O Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 4
A Laptop Tech Support 2