Help with laptop

Nicole_52

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017
I have a Dell laptop inspirion 15 3000 series with Windows 10. I have been having problems staying connected to internet. I am using a unsecure hotel wireless connection. I have my phone and tablet connected and they work just fine. I also have Verizon mobile hotspot while is secure and i connect fine with that but the cost of using it monthly is outrageous. I do pay extra a month to use hotels higher speed internet. I have connected internet provider and they have said that everything on their end is great and i am connected. I have ran test after test..reset this..wiped my laptop back to factory settings..did a bunch of ipconfigs..i either think that something is blocking it because it's an unsecure site or my laptop needs to be recycled in the scrap pile. I am out if ideas. Dell has done nothing to help me either. Just gave me some tool to download and that was a waste of time.

Solution
It could well be that your WiFi card is going as well. You might want to try using an external one and see if it gives you a good connection. If yes, then your card is the issue. If no, then no matter what they say, it is probably on their end (the hotel).
It could well be that your WiFi card is going as well. You might want to try using an external one and see if it gives you a good connection. If yes, then your card is the issue. If no, then no matter what they say, it is probably on their end (the hotel).

Solution