Question Help with Neewer NW-800 microphone setup

Jun 5, 2019
Hello,

I purchased a Neewer NW-800 microphone a while back and it was working perfectly well until one day during a discord call the microphone just stopped. Since then i have not been able to get it back working.

I contacted the company asking them to help me out and they told me to install the RealTec driver and to see if that would fix my issue, it did not. So, they sent me a new microphone free of charge (very nice of them)

I got the new microphone today and it still wont work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, i have removed the device from my computer and I have tried unplugging and plugging everything back in.

I tried every trouble shooting that i could think of and the microphone still didnt work (and currently doesnt either)

I have the Neewer phantom power box that came with the kit and it is turned on when i try and use the microphone. The microphone is plugged into the box and then the box is plugged into the pink jack at the back of my computer.

I had a program called 'VoiceMeter' and that seemed to help the microphone work but not anymore.

My computer recognizes the microphone on my computer and says that it is working correctly but still it is not picking up any sound that i make.

Can someone help me, I am getting very frustrated with this microphone and I would just like it to work.

thank you
Alyssa

Jul 29, 2019
I solved it by letting Cortana do it. He worked to get the voice recognized and inserted a new microphone that had previously disappeared. Now works. He's always very weak, but it works.