Help with realtek soundcard

darkone491

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
Hello, my realtek hd audio manager stopped opening at start and my sound isn't working currently I have an hp pavilion a1720n and just got a new video card XFX ATI Radeon 4650. Can someone help me with this? I tried basic trouble-shooting and it didn't work.

darkone491

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010

where do i find this "Cd bundle motherboard" I didn't recieve a cd or I have lost it somewhere, Is there another way to get this CD or installation software?

darkone491

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
yeah i've done that already, reinstalled realtek a bunch of times over in rows and still didn't get rid of the yellow exclamation mark, and when i try to update it... it tells me "this program will probably not open" or whatever. please help! thanks for replies though

tigsounds

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
Is there one more yellow exclamation mark in device manager for an "unknown device??"

You may need SMBus controller driver. It's in your ATI driver folders. It usually doesn't have an installer, so go to device manager, update driver, browse to the ATI SMBus folder and install that way.

darkone491

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
also when I install realtek now through add hardware I install it and it says "This device cannot start. (Code 10) Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available." When I click Check for solutions it closes while sending. Hope this helps.