Here we go Again, Gaming Laptop.

jcc03

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
I'm back again, since I'm getting told that I need to get a laptop and not a desktop.

1. What is your budget? $1000, I could go up a little more but you know.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15 or bigger, 17 would be sweet but again not a must.

3. What screen resolution do you want?I really don't want 1366x768, I would like to go higher but it's not a must

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop Replacement

5. How much battery life do you need? 2 hours would be nice but not a must

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? LoL(Very High), MW3(High), BF3(Med), Skyrim(Med) and always the random steam game that they have on sale!

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? Gaming, Video(editing) and surfing the web

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 320gb or more

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. I really need a reliable site like Newegg

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3+ years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Blu-ray would be sick, but definitely not a must. Just a reg DVD ROM would be good.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Not going to lie I really like ASUS, I would like to stay away from Dell and HP

13. What country do you live in? I don't think that's any of your buisness, USA.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I really need to be VERY powerful, this would be a must.

jcc03

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

I think you're seeing that I put it needs to be "VERY powerful" I kind of meant this as the best possible laptop I can get for my budget.

Hopefully I can find something like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230174

Too bad it is out of stock

sewalk

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
I just did a power search on newegg for laptops with i5 CPU and GTX560M GPU thinking that those parameters might produce a laptop in the price range you're wanting. You can use Newegg's Power Search to specify which features you want and get a concise list of laptops with those features.

vrumor

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
The reason you cant find any deals, cause the type of laptop you are looking for isnt available in that price range. For $1k you can build another desktop and build a pretty decent rig. If you are deadset on a laptop, good luck. You wont find anything that can game decently at that price range.

lancing

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012
Two peices of advice on this.

1. Why are you getting a laptop as a desktop replacement?
As others have stated your better off just getting a desktop, it'll cost less and be significantly more powerful. Unless you really need the portability its probably not worth it.

2. Few suggestions on manufacturers:
- Alienware if you can stand the ugly cases.
- ibuypower.com if you want something custom built.

vrumor

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012

Youll have to bump your budget up $500-700 to even start lookin at anything that can run modern games decently. Like medium to high settings. They just dont exist. Its like someone asking for a $500 desktop that is very powerful. Just wont happen.

erikalikesfire

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Qosmio-X775-Q7170-17-3-Inch-Horizon/dp/B006GTCXG8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330328752&sr=8-1

I realize someone else already posted the exact same laptop, but it's sold out at Newegg currently. That's as good as it gets at your budget. The HP dv6t might fit your needs and can be had for under 1k, but you said you don't like HP, and every HP I've seen I've had to open up and repaste to keep them overheating.

You need about $1200+ to start looking at anything better like the Asus ROG machines.