Here's How to Get a Free iPhone 4S 16GB at Target

Status
Not open for further replies.

azathoth

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
"consumers will receive up $200 when trading in the iPhone 4, up to $150 for the iPhone 3GS, and up to $100 for the 3G"

Misleading title is misleading.

builder4

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
This is the most ridiculous article I've read on here for a while. This is clearly a paid advertisement targeted at idiots who don't understand the concept of having to pay for a two year contract.

Also, I'm pretty sure old iPhones go for more than $100-$200 on ebay anyway.

G

Very misleading article. This is basically saying you can sell your old iPhone for a MUCH MUCH lower price to Target and then use that credit towards an iPhone (or really, just any phone). Btw, $150 for an iPhone 4? WOW you want to rip people off don't you toms? People are willing to pay $200 for a BROKEN iPhone 3s on eBay. A BROKEN iPhone 4 sell for (with people actually bidding) as much as $300 on eBay. How much is Target paying you for this ad?

jahrasta311

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
I love how the article is titled: "Here's How to Get a Free iPhone 4S 16GB at Target"

Then the article goes on to say nothing about a free iPhone.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Title should read "Here's how to get readers on Tomshardware" and the Article should read "Here at Toms' hardware, we spit out articles as quickly as we can, bypassing the proofreading stage. Additionally, we occasionally come up with misleading titles, such as, 'Here's how to get a free iPhone 4s 16GB at Target', instead of something along the lines of 'Target: Store Credit for Your iPhone'."

G

Yeah, iphone 4s are $300 up to $400 on eBay. Target, what a deal! Just like that Gazelle scam.

G

Alright that does it. Toms your bookmark is deleted and I'm never coming back. Someone has to say enough of this BS. Good riddance

englandr753

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2007
I just upgraded from an iphone 3g to an iphone 4 as my friend offered it to me for a great deal, 250.00. He couldve gotten more on ebay but I had cash in hand and he didn't want to mess with it.

I absolutely loved going into the local service location to activate my phone without a freaking contract. The manager was shocked and impressed with my deal and to an extend disappointed I wasn't there to sign up for another 2 year contract.

There's never been nor will there ever be a good enough promotion offered by any carrier to get me to sign up for another contract, period.

jaksun5

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
Or you could just ebay your phone for up to double that if you aren't THAT lazy.

C'mon Kevin, your stories are usually so much better!

Status
Not open for further replies.