hey, I have Dell ( inspiron 17 5000 series) laptop and the screen is 17.3 FHD Display, it has HDMI on the left side but if i w

Solution
Laptops and ps3's can't be put together directly, and just work. HDMI port or not. It doesn't quite work that way.

Your laptop, if it has an HDMI port, is probably output only. I can't say for 100% without knowing the model, but I can say I am 99% sure it won't work. Not just by plugging one into the other. You would need the laptop to have an HDMI input as well (or a port that is both) and they usually don't.

Now you could try using a USB video capture device. It'll only be SD since you would have to use RCA video cable, but that should work.
Laptops and ps3's can't be put together directly, and just work. HDMI port or not. It doesn't quite work that way.

Your laptop, if it has an HDMI port, is probably output only. I can't say for 100% without knowing the model, but I can say I am 99% sure it won't work. Not just by plugging one into the other. You would need the laptop to have an HDMI input as well (or a port that is both) and they usually don't.

Now you could try using a USB video capture device. It'll only be SD since you would have to use RCA video cable, but that should work.

Solution