Solved! Hi guys, Im trting to ffigure out if ita poa

pathfinder2

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
hello everyone, iv been trying to figure out if i can hook up an Esata plug from my laptop ( toshiba L675D) esata female plug directly into the back of my asus p7p55d-e Pro Esata port so i can transfer files. I did try to plug them together but nothing happened....i figured it would simply read as an external device and i would be able to browse to my video folder on my laptop and simply transfer the files onto on of the external harrdrives installed in my Asus P7p55D- e Pro motherboard...

however when i plug both in i dont get any connection...any ideas?

Id really appreciate it any suggestions! thanks!

Solution
ESata is designed to support connection of storage devices, not network computers. (Networking the computers is what you actually need to do.)

You can direct-connect two PC's using a network crossover cable or a USB transfer cable along with Windows' built-in software.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
ESata is designed to support connection of storage devices, not network computers. (Networking the computers is what you actually need to do.)

You can direct-connect two PC's using a network crossover cable or a USB transfer cable along with Windows' built-in software.

Solution