Hi I have a 55 inch flat screen smart tv but just most recently the picture started slowly Fade Out and tur and turn the scree

tvtvtvtv

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016
My 55 inch Vizio flat scree flat screen smart TV has gone almost all the way black although you can get very close and still see the screen and somewha and somewhat of a very dark picture and still has sound what are my options vs what are my options vs buying another TV or going to a repairman

Solution
Any warranty time left?

If not I would first go to Vizio's website and check their FAQ's and Forums.

https://support.vizio.com

See what you can learn. Then send an email describing the problem and see how they respond.

In the meantime google your specific model number and see if there are any widespread reports of problems (identical or not) with your model.

You can go to a repair shop but find out how much they will charge first. Some shops charge for repair estimates/assessments but may remove that charge if you actually have the set repaired by them.

Repairs are often guaranteed for only 30 days and something else entirely different could fail along the way.

Becomes a matter of the repair cost versus buying a new set that...
Any warranty time left?

If not I would first go to Vizio's website and check their FAQ's and Forums.

https://support.vizio.com

See what you can learn. Then send an email describing the problem and see how they respond.

In the meantime google your specific model number and see if there are any widespread reports of problems (identical or not) with your model.

You can go to a repair shop but find out how much they will charge first. Some shops charge for repair estimates/assessments but may remove that charge if you actually have the set repaired by them.

Repairs are often guaranteed for only 30 days and something else entirely different could fail along the way.

Becomes a matter of the repair cost versus buying a new set that will have some warranty again.

Solution