Hi I have this big problem, I connected my computer to my TV with hdmi cables to watch videos on computer, on the tv I switch

rayman888

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
Hi I have this big problem, I connected my computer to my TV with hdmi cables to watch videos on computer, on the tv I switch the input to hdmi I see the video really great but my sound is from the TV program. I also connected a audio cable from computer to tv. In the sound properties on computer under playback I see picture of my TV but says it is unplug and cant set is as default. Can any one help me its driving me crazy. Thanks

Solution
First off your TV will not have an audio input associated with the HDMI input you are using so that cannot work. To isolate the problem connect another source with HDMI out such as DVD or Bluray to the input and see if that works OK. If so then you will have to look at the PC setting. If not then the TV is the problem.
hdmi can carry both audio+video information. you only need the hdmi cable. you do not need whatever other audio cable you are using.

make sure in audio properties the default device is set to your tv.

perhaps you need to restart your pc with the cables fixed to be able to make the default device change.

rayman888

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
Hi ssddx thanks for replying, In the sound properties on computer under playback I see picture of my TV but says it is unplug and cant set is as default its not highlighted , restarted it but no help, another thing when I switch input to hdmi I still get the sound from the tv program in a different input

First off your TV will not have an audio input associated with the HDMI input you are using so that cannot work. To isolate the problem connect another source with HDMI out such as DVD or Bluray to the input and see if that works OK. If so then you will have to look at the PC setting. If not then the TV is the problem.

Solution