Hi, I hope you can help me, I accidentally deleted my nvidia driver from my device manager.

10tramplingbuffalo

Estimable
Jun 30, 2015
Hi, I hope you can help me, I accidentally deleted my nvidia driver from my device manager. I managed to find the file, and extracted it, and it said it was reinstalling, then said that it was not compatible with my laptop. I don't understand, this was my original device manager.
I also tried installing it from Asus website, and it didn't work, and tried installing it from the NVIDIA site, and it also didn't work.
My laptop is an older model, a AsusX71XL Notebook, and it had NVIDIA-3D_Vision_CD_v1.17_WinVista_Win7_International_ASUS running on it. Can someone please help me?????!!??? Or am I going to have to take it in to a service center and have them install it? You are my last hope!

Christiaan Lourens

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
Hello buffalo,

My first question is have you tried to restore your pc to an earlier date ?

Try this method first.

Secondly I would recommend plugging your VGA ( assuming you are using VGA for the GPU and not HDMI or other means) into your onboard VGA slot then uninstalling every piece of Nvidia software on your system if the first suggestion fails.

After the uninstall proceed to reinstall ( a full one ).

Now plug in the VGA to the graphics card and update accordingly, to save time and make things easier have the correct drivers already downloaded in a folder on the desktop or wherever for easy access.

If those methods don't work we can proceed to more technical methods to find your solution.

Kind Regards
Chris