hi my toshiba laptop got a color screen when I watching a movie....first it show horizntal wave of color line after sometime a

layaq

Estimable
Aug 3, 2015
hi my toshiba laptop got a color screen when I watching a movie....first it show horizntal wave of color line after sometime all screen turn to color full lines.....now its remain....what I should do plz...

Solution
Hi,

First identify if it's a software (driver) or hardware (LCD) problem to do so. Boot the laptop into BIOS and if the same problem persist in it that means it's a hardware problem and replacement is need either the cable or the actual LCD. If you don't see the lines and change of color in BIOS you just need to uninstall/reinstall the graphics card driver.

Here are the steps:
- Uninstall the graphics card driver from Device Manager and in Programs and Features as well since it should have something related to NVIDIA in there as well.
- Once uninstalled download and install the latest driver from NVIDIA support site.
- Here's the link:
NVIDIA - nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
AMD - http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Use the Auto...
Hi,

First identify if it's a software (driver) or hardware (LCD) problem to do so. Boot the laptop into BIOS and if the same problem persist in it that means it's a hardware problem and replacement is need either the cable or the actual LCD. If you don't see the lines and change of color in BIOS you just need to uninstall/reinstall the graphics card driver.

Here are the steps:
- Uninstall the graphics card driver from Device Manager and in Programs and Features as well since it should have something related to NVIDIA in there as well.
- Once uninstalled download and install the latest driver from NVIDIA support site.
- Here's the link:
NVIDIA - nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
AMD - http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Use the Auto Detect feature so they could give you the latest and accurate driver for your graphics card.
- Lastly reboot it once the latest driver has been installed.

Solution