high pitched buzzing/clicking from all audio jacks.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DocOc

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
Here is what I know of my situation: I come home and turn on my computer, opened Google chrome to youtube, and turned on my amp and reciever, But instead of just two clicks from the relays in the amp/recievers, I also hear a strange high pitched buzzing from my sub and bookshelf speakers.

My Speaker setup are definitely not the problem, this comes from any headphones or speakers i plug into the outlets.

The problem probably is not from broken outputs or jacks, because they worked fine yesterday and i have tried multiple jacks and outputs.

I have an Asus Essentio with built in Hd Realtek audio card. Everything but my other hard-drive and fan in the computer are stock parts. I switched Sata cables on my second hard drive because i had just changed it and thought it may have affected it - no change.

I really hope this doesnt mean i need to buy a new PSU or Motherboard. if that is the case i will just have to deal with no audio for quite some time.

I bought this computer last December. Brand New i might add. I have never had any problems with the back outputs until now (there has always been a smallest amount of static from the front headphone port.

I'm not sure what i might add to this, just ask questions if you need more information. I know what you're talking about most of the time.

KruddyKat

Estimable
Nov 5, 2014

Did you ever find the cause of your onboard sound problem? I have the same problem & looking for solutions.
Any info would be appreciated. Thanx in advance.