High Pitched Squealing Noise When I Listen To My Mic

Tehlews

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014
Hi there.

I get a static noise form my mic whenever I choose to "listen" to it, in the recording devices properties. I have tried it with both of my mics, one is a head set, the other a desktop mic. I don't know if it shows up in a Skype call or not though, I will find out.

The Desktop mic is a Frisbee FMC-220, and the Headset is a Sades SA-708

I use a home-built desktop computer. If you want those specs, just ask.

Solution
If you tell the system to listen to your mic you can get feedback. The mic will pick up sound in the speakers and then play it from the same speakers and hear it again and playing again in an endless loop(it is even worse without the slight delay sound setups have.). Some mics can even pic up headset sounds.

You can do the same thing with a speaker phone and any other phone in the same area :)

Keep the listen option off adjust the level as needed with the green indicator. You can test this once set using the built in sound recorder. Some VOIP programs can auto adjust the level for you as well.

Just keep the listen option off unless your speaker/headphone volume is very low.

nukemaster

Distinguished
If you tell the system to listen to your mic you can get feedback. The mic will pick up sound in the speakers and then play it from the same speakers and hear it again and playing again in an endless loop(it is even worse without the slight delay sound setups have.). Some mics can even pic up headset sounds.

You can do the same thing with a speaker phone and any other phone in the same area :)

Keep the listen option off adjust the level as needed with the green indicator. You can test this once set using the built in sound recorder. Some VOIP programs can auto adjust the level for you as well.

Just keep the listen option off unless your speaker/headphone volume is very low.

Solution

Tehlews

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014

I've had feedback before, and it's not feedback.