High pitched static and static from mic

nominath6543

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
Hi everyone, I've been using a zalman mic for about 2 years and about a month ago a loud static/high pitched noise started being heard from it. I thought it must have been a blown mic so I bought a vmoda boommic pro to use, plugged it in and the same deal, at the front and back Jack's. Can barely hear myself. Mic boost is off, enhancements are off. Tried moving them And re installed realtek drivers. The PC is home made, an msi gaming z170a m5 Mobo, an evga 600 watt psu. My PC isn't plugged directly into the wall but I have tried that and it didn't help at all. Any help? Thanks!

nominath6543

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from nominath6543 : "My headset mic emmits a loud high pitched static sound"

Hi everyone, I've had my PC for a while now (homemade) and had been using a zalman mic paired with normal headphones for gaming. After a year using the mic it started making a loud high pitched static sound when I talked/was on open mic, I though that the mic was cheap and old so it must be broken, decoded to get a vmoda boompro mic but I plugged it in and the same loud noise. I've tried re installing audio drivers, disabling and enabling enhancements, turning boost on and off, the front and back audio ports and it's the same thing. My PC isn't plugged straight into a wall but I tried that and it didn't help at the time, not sure what to do at this point, should I get a sound card? Thanks everyone!