High Quality Headphones for Gaming Long Periods of Time.

Computing Skrub

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015
Hello. I am looking into getting high quality headphones for gaming. I was looking into getting the Audio Technica M50X headphones, but there is a competitor (Sennheiser HD 598) that is getting me interested. I use my computer and game for long periods of time, like around 8 hours a day. I would instantly go for the Sennheiser HD 598s, but my issue is noise cancellation/isolation. I don't prefer open back headphones like that. I also don't want my Audio Technica AT-2035 to pick any sound from the headphones up either. I am just looking for anyone that can tell me some, high quality, high isolation and comfortable.

Solution
I can tell you from the HD580's I have the sound of Sennheiser headphone are amazing. I can't speak specifically to the 598's though. I have wore my headphones for many hours and they are so comfortable you really forget you have them on.

ahnilated

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2006
I can tell you from the HD580's I have the sound of Sennheiser headphone are amazing. I can't speak specifically to the 598's though. I have wore my headphones for many hours and they are so comfortable you really forget you have them on.

Solution

Computing Skrub

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015

are they good for noise isolation?

Jackson413

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
Sennheiser is an absolutely fantastic brand of headphones. Their quality is exceptional and their sound is sublime, but ahnilated is right about them not being noise cancelling headphones.

Sennheiser does have some excellent headsets that are great for gaming. A friend picked up a pair of Game Zeros a while back and still loves them. However, they are not great for listening to music.

Computing Skrub

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015

Sorry for being so inactive but why are they not so great for music