High School Boy Telecommutes with Robot Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
nice to see technology appreciated.

though i'm waiting for someone from PTA saying that the presence of a unsupervised robot is a SERIOUS health hazard and a potential weapon.

id10terror

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
Very Nice! And with this experiance he'll be way ahead for many career opportunities! Deep Sea Remotely operated vehicles! Bomb Disposal! Border Patrol drone operations! Drug Enforcement survielance flights! NOAA drone Hurricane Hunter flights! TSA remote scan Viewer! ( better be 18 for that last one! )

But I'm most curious about who Lyndon takes to the prom! Can this thing be hooked up to a Wii controller?

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
Brilliant!

It's also good to see that people are mature enough to allow things like that in school.

Good on the school for allowing the poor kid to change that small part of his life that makes so much difference

sseyler

Distinguished
May 14, 2008
[citation][nom]silver565[/nom]Brilliant!It's also good to see that people are mature enough to allow things like that in school.Good on the school for allowing the poor kid to change that small part of his life that makes so much difference[/citation]

Ditto.

Fusion777

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
Can you imagine having one of these things when you were assigned detention?
Oh kids get all the cool stuff these days...

victomofreality

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
this is awesome! this same tech can be used for all kinds of things like childeren of feild research who are stuck in remote places or people who have to go in for emergency surgery and don't want to fall behind!

I love exclamation marks!!!! !!!! !!!!

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]silver565[/nom]Brilliant!It's also good to see that people are mature enough to allow things like that in school.Good on the school for allowing the poor kid to change that small part of his life that makes so much difference[/citation]

In the school district I work in the robot would get jumped, bullied, teased, peer pressured into drink/drugs, get a vacuum cleaner pregnant, drop out of school, and and then start collecting food stamps.

truehighroller

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
God bless him and his family.

Now if we could just get more companies to let their people work at home more often. I telecommute to work once a week. I would absolutely love it to be all week.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
However, there isn’t many high school students who can say the same.

I wish I could continue reading ths article...but SERIOUSLY? "There is not" - singular. "There ARE not" - plural. ok... now let's look at the word studentS, shall we?

I'll leave the rest to you. (and normally you're so good, Jane, compared to Marcus!)

Status
Not open for further replies.