High temperature ( ASUS zenbook pro 15 550ge laptop)

Sep 27, 2018
I recently bought a ASUS Zenbook pro 15 550GE laptop .I expected that it would be good for gaming as it is equipped with a 1050Ti graphic card, but sometimes it will just get too hot and the cpu temp can even hit 96 degree celsius. So it is normal for a new laptop ?? I am really confused and what should I do ..?

Solution

That laptop doesn't have enough cooling to actually cool it's components so it just keeps going until they overheat and start slowing themselves down to prevent damaging or killing themselves.

It's a sad designtrend that is happening atm. If you can return it and get a laptop that can actually keep itself running at full speed without overheating.

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

That laptop doesn't have enough cooling to actually cool it's components so it just keeps going until they overheat and start slowing themselves down to prevent damaging or killing themselves.

It's a sad designtrend that is happening atm. If you can return it and get a laptop that can actually keep itself running at full speed without overheating.

Solution