High Temps after Waking from Sleep.

FreeSabre

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017
So here's my dillemma: I just put new thermal paste on the heatsink two days ago, the Gelid something something, the good stuff. Temps were great up until an hour ago. Nothing's changed except I downloaded minecraft mods and one of them came from a site google didn't like(showed the red x), but I went for it anyways since it was the dev site for the mod. Play around for a bit turn laptop go to work, come home, turn laptop on, eat dinner, laptop dies, plug in laptop and wake from low power sleep, and now idle temps are 60C+ on cpu and gpu. I turned it off and am letting it cool to room temp. Cpu usage showed nothing, just 1-2% after boot, and no load on gpu. Normal idle temps are mid to low 30s C.

I don't want to say it's the paste since it's so new, but it might be. Also how likely is it I've got a bug that can hide it's cpu/gpu usage from task manager, openhardwaremonitor, and HW Monitor?

I'll update once I turn it back on after cooling down.

//Update

Back on and temps are normal. Gpu reads 0C(since it's off) and cpu read 34C. Guess I'll plug it in now and see what the temps do on AC. (Also the laptop is a Gigabyte P37XV6).

//Update 2

Temps are normal plugged in too. Weird. It's not like the temp sensors were off I could feel the heat from the fans and it was way more than normal, and now its fine. Must just be an issue with windows 10 or something as it always has issues after waking from sleep. I don't know what causes those issues, so I just never let it sleep.

//Update 3

Changed title, found how it happens, just don't know why.