Question high temps please help

May 15, 2020
i have a new dell g7 7590 laptop, specs are, intel i7 9750h cpu, rtx 2070 max q video card, 16gb of ddr4, ssd drive. when playing games my temps get pretty high at times, actually most of the time. gets up to 100c, i know most gaming laptops run hot. is there any way to bring these temps down without using throttle stop or intel xtu. those two programs are having issues due to intel and and others changing the bios on laptops. i realyy like the laptop other than the temp issues. someone please help, thanks.

It happens. So, You don't need to worry about temperature. Don't play the game for a long time. If this happens again and again.

This is bad advice, a laptop should not hit 100 C, anything past 90 is a bit much.

May need to apply some better thermal paste to the system heatsink(s), make sure you are not blocking vents when using it (say if you are using it on a bed), if it's in warranty check with Dell support. You may end up needing to undervolt the CPU a bit.

rhyalus

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
There is nothing wrong with using Throttlestop..it is not possible to change the BIOS.

Some laptops dont have great cooling...so either use Throttlestop and undervolt, use a cooling pad, or lower the resolution of the games and hope that helps.

R